I’m the founder of Climate Museum UK, and really excited that we’ve grown as a distributed network with projects and practice in various places of the UK. As an experimental museum, one aspect of this is being a distributed museum without a single base. I was delivering projects in London, where I lived for decades, as well as online and nationally. However, I’ve moved back home to Norwich in Norfolk, and I’m trying out approaches that are more face-to-face and ‘face-to-place’. It feels motivating to be focused on a place, and it’s a place full of heritage and future potential. There are also quite a few practitioners and CMUK partners in Norfolk.
So, I’ve launched a local programme now with a project website, and a couple of pilot projects.
Possitopia Norwich is a programme for activation on the Earth crisis, to open imaginations to possible futures of the City, of its wider bioregion and the Earth systems we all depend upon.
- It is a project under the umbrella of Climate Museum UK, an experimental museum gathering and curating responses to the Earth crisis. It is a collective of creative practitioners across the UK, with a cluster of us in Norfolk.
- As well as Activations, we aim to create a visitable space in Norwich, working with Norwich Eco Hub.
- It is Possitopian, which means opening to all possibilities, not being stuck in either despairing Dystopian or wishful Utopian positions, facing the dire state of the planet while generating active hope.
- It offers opportunities for learning, conversation and planning for Norwich to become a regenerative City, tapping and reflecting its cultural heritage and its essence.
Explore the website to find out about…
- The vision for activations in Norwich
- More about these activations: ‘walkshops’, creative workshops, and the Imagine Futures project for young people
- The history, geography, culture & potential future of Norwich, and a big list of superlatives about the City.
- An explanation of the idea of Possitopia